Google

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Colliding galaxies & Personal Integrity

Colliding Galaxies

The New York Times, among other papers,
recently published a new Hubble photograph
of distant galaxies colliding.

Of course, astronomers have had pictures
of colliding galaxies for quite some time now,
but with the vastly improved resolution provided
by the Hubble Space Telescope, you can
actually see the lawyers rushing to the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lawyer's Personal Integrity

An investment counselor went out on her own.
She was shrewd and diligent, so business kept
coming in. Pretty soon she realized she needed
an in-house counsel, and so she began
interviewing young lawyers.

"As I'm sure you can understand," she
started off with one of the first applicants,
"in a business like this, our personal integrity
must be beyond question."

She leaned forward and continued,
"Mr. Peterson, are you an honest lawyer?"

"Honest?" replied the job prospect.
"Let me tell you something about honest.
Why, I'm so honest that my father lent
me fifteen thousand dollars for my education
and I paid back every penny the minute I
tried my very first case."

"Impressive. And what sort of case was that?"

The lawyer squirmed in his seat and admitted,

"He sued me for the money."


Top of Page

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home