Google

Thursday, July 17, 2008

For the Love of Dogs...

Three years ago, I adopted a purebred
Sheltie from a rescue shelter. His name was
Buster. He had bad teeth and his fur stuck
out no matter what.

I didn't care. He was my dog. He had a few
owners in his life, and I promised him that I
would never give him up, no matter what.

Earlier this year, we found out Buster had an
enlarged heart. The vet gave him six to eighteen
months. Buster was having seizures that were
probably causing brain damage.

Last Friday night, he had a seizure and cracked his
head against the sofa. He couldn't walk after that.
He kept bumping into walls and experienced
constant bowel movements and vomiting.

My dog was gone. Buster was no longer there.
His body was walking around, but that was all.
I decided he needed to be put to sleep. He went to
sleep on December 21, 2007, less than a month
before his ninth birthday. I feel his absence keenly.

I sincerely hope and pray dogs do get into heaven.

After all, D-O-G is G-O-D spelled backward.

Buster had no worries at all. He knew that I would
feed him and water him in a timely manner and that
I would take care of him no matter what.

In return, he gave me his loyalty and undying love.
He taught me a very important lesson: This is what
God wants from us.

I feel awed that such a simple creature could teach so
valuable a lesson with deeds and not words.
I already loved God with all my heart, without
reservation, and followed him.

And now, I love God even more than I thought possible.

~A MountainWings Original by Michael Dowds
Peyton, Colorado~

{What a Wonderful perspective!}


























Things You Can Learn From Your Dog



- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

- Allow the experience of fresh air and the
wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.

- When it's in your best interest

- practice obedience.

- Let others know when they've invaded
your territory.

- Take naps and stretch before rising.

- Run, romp, and play daily.

- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

- Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do.

- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

- On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.

- When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

- No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into
the guilt thing and pout... run right back and make friends.

- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have
had enough.

- Be loyal.

- Never pretend to be something you're not.

- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit
close by and nuzzle them gently.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home